Candle Addicts

If you love candles & haven't experienced Gold Canyon yet, you are seriously missing out! I love my Gold Canyon business & have been doing this for 10 years now. E-mail me for a free sample (kim.milius@goldcanyon.us) or visit my website: http://www.mygc.com/milius

Monday, October 5, 2009

Test Prep: Carbo-loading!

Once again, I failed the first glucose test for gestational diabetes. The same thing happened when I was pregnant with Chase, but I passed the second test with no problems which meant no gestational diabetes.

So, now I'm getting ready for the second time around with the 3 hour glucose test (the 2nd test). I have to follow a special diet for 3 days that increases my carbohydrate intake to 300 grams each day, which is A LOT! I am so full and feel like I'm constantly eating to get in those 300 grams each day. Kind of fun to have an excuse to HAVE to eat ice cream, but by the end of the day when I'm trying to get in the rest of the things I have to eat, I do get feeling quite bloated!

Wish me luck on my test on Wednesday! Hopefully, we'll get the same results as when I was pregnant with Chase.

3 comments:

  1. I got your gold canyon magazine in the mail. Just wanted to say thank you! I will be ordering soon! Especially sunrise tangelo.... I can't remember if thats the one we liked or not. Guess we will see. Anyways, I hope you are doing well and are getting ready for this new baby! Miss and love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I loathe the 2nd test! I had to do it with both of my pregnancies, but they turned out negative both times. Just thinking about the yucky stuff you have to drink makes me want to . . . well, I guess I'm not helping you much with this comment. Sorry! I hope you make it without GD this time around, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katerina - Don't know if you've had the "new" stuff or not, but they now have a fruit punch flavored drink that I got to do instead of the orange. It was sooooo much easier to drink - really not that bad!

    ReplyDelete