Candle Addicts

If you love candles & haven't experienced Gold Canyon yet, you are seriously missing out! I love my Gold Canyon business & have been doing this for 10 years now. E-mail me for a free sample (kim.milius@goldcanyon.us) or visit my website: http://www.mygc.com/milius

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Chore Chart

I've been wanting to put together a chore chart for a while now.  I remember even the cute pictures that my mom used on a chart we had as a kid and it brings back such fond memories.  While my 4 & 2 year old don't have a ton of "chores" right now, I thought it would help us keep with a routine during the day & when they are dragging their feet through activities, it helps to remind them that as soon as they finish they get to move their card on their chart.  I did a separate one for each kid but for now, their cards are the same.  I'm thinking of adding some additional cards (scripture reading, help with laundry, help take out the trash, etc.), but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Here's what I came up with:


  1. The board came from Michaels and is a 7x7 size.
  2. Painted the board black (didn't worry about painting the back side).
  3. Printed the child's name onto a piece of scrapbook paper.
  4. Mod podged the paper to the board.
  5. Went over the board with a coarse piece of sandpaper to rough it up a bit.
  6. Attached 2 hooks for the chore cards.  The cards sit on the left side & are moved to the right side when completed.
  7. Printed & laminated the cards.  I got the graphics from a site where you could purchase clipart for a low fee.  I just LOVE this clipart & wish I could share it, but the site where I got it has closed up shop :(  I did manage to track down the artist, Carolee Jones, but her blog still links to finding her artwork on the site that has closed.
  8. Used a staple gun to attach ribbon (for hanging) to the back of the board
  9. Voila!  You're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment