Here's what I came up with:
- The board came from Michaels and is a 7x7 size.
- Painted the board black (didn't worry about painting the back side).
- Printed the child's name onto a piece of scrapbook paper.
- Mod podged the paper to the board.
- Went over the board with a coarse piece of sandpaper to rough it up a bit.
- Attached 2 hooks for the chore cards. The cards sit on the left side & are moved to the right side when completed.
- Printed & laminated the cards. I got the graphics from a site where you could purchase clipart for a low fee. I just LOVE this clipart & wish I could share it, but the site where I got it has closed up shop :( I did manage to track down the artist, Carolee Jones, but her blog still links to finding her artwork on the site that has closed.
- Used a staple gun to attach ribbon (for hanging) to the back of the board
- Voila! You're done!