Candle Addicts

If you love candles & haven't experienced Gold Canyon yet, you are seriously missing out! I love my Gold Canyon business & have been doing this for 10 years now. E-mail me for a free sample (kim.milius@goldcanyon.us) or visit my website: http://www.mygc.com/milius

Sunday, October 3, 2010

FHE Lesson: Families

I continue to struggle with holding a meaningful, regular Family Home Evening for a 2 1/2 year old & 10 month old! But I know it is important and so I've continued searching for ideas. Last night, I went to the Family Home Evening Resource Book that has been sitting on a shelf for years. I discovered that each lesson gives an adaptation for use with younger children. So, with that in mind, I put together tonight's FHE lesson.

Lesson on Families

We'll also be making ice cream for an activity/dessert. You can do the "bag" ice cream or do it in coffee cans. We have a bunch of baby formula cans that I plan to use, so its an experiment, but we'll see how it goes! To make it, just double bag the mixed ingredients (see ingredients here) -- use freezer bags & make sure all the excess air is out of each bag. Put bags into the formula can and fill up with ice & some rock salt. Duct tape the lid on and then roll it back & forth for quite a while until ice cream is firm. Note: it doesn't get REAL firm but the fun of this is making it, not getting gourmet ice cream out of it! In fact, ours turned out more like milkshakes & we just poured them into cups & drank them.

No comments:

Post a Comment