Candle Addicts

If you love candles & haven't experienced Gold Canyon yet, you are seriously missing out! I love my Gold Canyon business & have been doing this for 10 years now. E-mail me for a free sample (kim.milius@goldcanyon.us) or visit my website: http://www.mygc.com/milius

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Feeling Connected

I love that no matter where we move to, we know we will have a "church" family waiting for us & we've made such great friends that way. But recently I've also been so grateful to have a business that gives me the opportunity & motivation to reach out beyond church. When we left Maryland I left behind a ton of great friends that I had met through my business . . . customers, hosts, and my team of demonstrators. I really enjoy that I've been able to stay connected with a lot of them through facebook!

Now that we're in a new place once again, I have been thrilled to find so many warm & welcoming people who want to help us get adjusted. There's a woman that runs a home-based spa who is just wonderful & is working with me on business but I enjoyed just visiting and getting to know her a bit as well. And just this last week, I was introduced to a mom who lives in our town. We haven't met in person yet, but we've communicated through e-mail & facebook. She has a 2 year old, just like me and is part of a playgroup that we plan to start attending (if Chase will ever get over this cold!). I just feel like I've met so many great people already and even though we've only been here a short time, I feel like its home.

I dont' know, I guess feeling connected to people just makes such a big difference for me so that even when I am bogged down inside with just me & the kids, I feel like there's more to life than just diapers & feedings and it helps me get through each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment