Candle Addicts

If you love candles & haven't experienced Gold Canyon yet, you are seriously missing out! I love my Gold Canyon business & have been doing this for 10 years now. E-mail me for a free sample (kim.milius@goldcanyon.us) or visit my website: http://www.mygc.com/milius

Monday, July 25, 2011

Just saying "no" to gestational diabetes

When I went for my pre-natal appointment last week, the doctor was going over everything with me & brought up the glucose test that is done to test for gestational diabetes. She said the chances of developing gestational diabetes are much higher with twins. I told her of my past experiences. In both pregnancies, I failed the first test, but passed the 2nd one - meaning that I didn't have gestational diabetes - yea!!! But the doctor told me that since I had to take the 2nd test previously, that my chances are increased even more.

I asked about what I could do to avoid it and she talked about eating a high protein, low carbohydrate diet, using whole wheat breads, lots of fruits & veggies, etc. That definitely isn't happening right now since I have just been eating whatever won't make me too nauseous and just thinking of any kind of meat makes me gag (seriously, its happening right now just from typing this!).

Anyway, I'm hoping that I will soon be able to resume a regular diet & would love if you would share any recipes with me that would fit into this healthy way of eating for me. I do have a few really good ones that I love, but would love to introduce some great new recipes that will help me stick to this & stay away from the junk.

Note: I will not eat seafood of any kind, so no seafood recipes, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment